[Dovecot-news] v2.3.2 released
tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 29 15:51:01 EEST 2018
v2.3.2 is mainly a bugfix release. It contains all the changes in v2.2.36, as well as a bunch of other fixes (mainly for v2.3-only bugs). Binary packages are already in https://repo.dovecot.org/
* old-stats plugin: Don't temporarily enable PR_SET_DUMPABLE while
opening /proc/self/io. This may still cause security problems if the
process is ptrace()d at the same time. Instead, open it while still
running as root.
+ doveadm: Added mailbox cache decision&remove commands. See
doveadm-mailbox(1) man page for details.
+ doveadm: Added rebuild attachments command for rebuilding
$HasAttachment or $HasNoAttachment flags for matching mails. See
doveadm-rebuild(1) man page for details.
+ cassandra: Use fallback_consistency on more types of errors
+ lmtp proxy: Support outgoing SSL/TLS connections
+ lmtp: Add lmtp_rawlog_dir and lmtp_proxy_rawlog_dir settings.
+ submission: Add support for rawlog_dir
+ submission: Add submission_client_workarounds setting.
+ lua auth: Add password_verify() function and additional fields in
- doveadm-server: TCP connections are hanging when there is a lot of
network output. This especially caused hangs in dsync-replication.
- Using multiple type=shared mdbox namespaces crashed
- mail_fsync setting was ignored. It was always set to "optimized".
- lua auth: Fix potential crash at deinit
- SSL/TLS servers may have crashed if client disconnected during
- SSL/TLS servers: Don't send extraneous certificates to client when
alt certs are used.
- lda, lmtp: Return-Path header without '<' may have assert-crashed.
- lda, lmtp: Unencoded UTF-8 in email address headers may assert-crash
- lda: -f parameter didn't allow empty/null/domainless address
- lmtp, submission: Message size limit was hardcoded to 40 MB.
Exceeding it caused the connection to get dropped during transfer.
- lmtp: Fix potential crash when delivery fails at DATA stage
- lmtp: login_greeting setting was ignored
- Fix to work with OpenSSL v1.0.2f
- systemd unit restrictions were too strict by default
- Fix potential crashes when a lot of log output was produced
- SMTP client may have assert-crashed when sending mail
- IMAP COMPRESS: Send "end of compression" marker when disconnecting.
- cassandra: Fix consistency=quorum to work
- dsync: Lock file generation failed if home directory didn't exist
- Snippet generation for HTML mails didn't ignore &entities inside
blockquotes, producing strange looking snippets.
- imapc: Fix assert-crash if getting disconnected and after
reconnection all mails in the selected mailbox are gone.
- pop3c: Handle unexpected server disconnections without assert-crash
- fts: Fixes to indexing mails via virtual mailboxes.
- fts: If mails contained NUL characters, the text around it wasn't
- Obsolete dovecot.index.cache offsets were sometimes used. Trying to
fetch a field that was just added to cache file may not have always
More information about the Dovecot-news